View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3108972)   #153
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post

CART embodied an ethos of grass-roots enterprise. A series where frontiersmen battled on multiple terrain and that's the American tradition.
Now this is funny! Roger Penske, Frontiersman! Could you see Chip in a coonskin cap? Gerry Forsythe in buckskins. Derrick Walker setting traps. Dale Coyne trying to find pay foxes to go into his...

I mean, we have been over the thing a billion times and everyone has had their say but comparing the CART team owners to "frontiersmen" is hilarious! I saw Ganassi "remodel" the home he bought here in Fox Chapel and let me tell you, Daniel boone would need a compass to find the bathroom!

Frontiersmen...the whole lot of them each seemed to think that HE was the smartest guy in the room. They all killed the golden goose....
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.