Old 15 Jul 2007, 21:22 (Ref:1963904)   #5
Zider Drinker
Rookie

England
Playing trains on Gods Wonderful Railway
Zider Drinker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer
1, The use of the yellow flag on at least 5 occasions where the person who was using it seem not to have any idea how to use it when a waved yellow on the exit of quarry was displayed the same was being waved on the post next to the traffic light which should have been stationary,even though one observer did come across and tell the person.But once the marshalls moved around the same happend at avon rise surley if there's a newby they must watched and kept an eye as a lot of the time nobody seemed to know what to do.
Grixxer, I cann't comment on the flagging at the light on Quarry as i didn't witness (being in pitlane), but remembering a training day from the other year, a question about sighting was rasied, and with Avon Rise/Quarry In, and it was said that if Quarry In had waved yellows, then if deemed nesseary Avon Rise would also wave yellow, due to drivers not seeing Quarry In after coming over the brow of the hill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer
2 use of safety cars

Why oh why after every car that went off at quarry into the wall was there a need for the safety car to be depolyed when at least three times the cars were not in any position of danger the chap who was seemingly constantly on the phone panicing about cars that had gone off we might as well have had gravel traps,never in the 37 years of spectating at combe have i seen so much flapping done by an obsever usually unless the cars are in a direct line like the vx220 then they are always left and deemed out of the way.

Very Very Frustrated by needless hold ups at some points of the meeting!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to be blunt but a number of us sat at Quarry today just could not understand why a saftey car was needed when it never has been used for the same incidents in the past!!
Ok, safety car today (Sunday), I'm sure Combe Marshal can confirm/add as he was Safety Car observer today. We had incidents...

DMN Saloon's or FPA Race 1, Have a feelin Safety Car was used, but cant remember which...
CC FF1600, 1 car in backwards Esses out & 1 car in forwards at Tower - Resulted in Red Flag.
CC Saloons, 2 cars in heavy at Folley. Resulted in Red Flag
FPA Race 2, 3 in at Quarry, Safety Car deployed then 1 middle of track minus a wheel at Startline. Resulted in Red Flag

There was some serious and major accidents today, thanfully nothing hurt/broken except wallets and cars. It's the first time in a few years I've known red flags at Combe. And you'll have notice the 45 minute stop to clear up the CC Saloons... Be honet as AF would say we did a "bloody good job" and still finished all our race's before curfew and thats even with the Historic F3's wanting to race on slicks in the wet

Last edited by Zider Drinker; 15 Jul 2007 at 21:24.