View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2017, 14:46 (Ref:3767406)   #353
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Lamborghini penalty I'm not 100% sure on, as it was clearly meant to cost it the victory. But when it skipped the chicane it wasn't defending against the Mercedes that inherited the win. I understand why they wanted to penalise it, but it doesn't work work because that isn't who it was defending against.

The #8 Bentley shouldn't have been penalised. The only reason it skipped the chicane was because the Lambo blocked so aggressively (but legally) and put both cars in a position where they were never going to be able to slow down enough. The Bentley lost 2 positions from it too, whilst the Lambo kept the lead. So I don't see why the Bentley should be penalised, no matter what they did to the Lambo.

It was the Audi who nibbled the bodywork of the Lambo. Don't think we seen it on screen, but it happened whilst the Audi was second. Also not overly impressed with Fasslers comments regarding blocking. He said the Lambo blocked too aggressively (which suggests he was the one who damaged the back of the Lambo), but on the last lap he ran the Bentley off the road twice. Is there anything more aggressive than running a car off the road?

Dramatic and fun finish, but a bit odd.

GT4 support race about to begin -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FgpFMdLfKA

Last edited by Akrapovic; 16 Sep 2017 at 14:53.