View Single Post
Old 29 May 2003, 10:15 (Ref:613306)   #9
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With respect to the original query.

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree that being near a fire post if am possibly going to catch fire would be a good thing, if I am already alight I am going to stop f**king quick and get out, I am not going to be trying to remember where a marshals post was 10 minutes ago when I was also trying to deal with some burk who thought the race had started, monitoring temperatures etc, weavers who think it will help them despite being on road tyres, people who think slamming their brakes on randomly will heat their brakes up (try left foot braking and accelerating, it actually works) etc etc etc. Sorry to make the marshalls run but my life is more important.

Also, generally, my car doesn't decide to break down in particularly convenient places. I can't coast along the race track until a convenient point because I'll probably get hit and I can't drive for very long on the nicely kept grass verges because they aren't. Generally the full of jolly big car damaging holes and ridges. I have the dents on the bottom of my car to prove it. This is generally made worse in that is almost impossible to tell WHAT has broken and whether waiting to stop at a marshalls post will possibly make things drastically worse (done that).

Having said the above I totally agree that there is massive room for improvement in the behaviour of some drivers. The circuit officials need to start getting tough with yobbish or just stupid behaviour. The previous example was a good one, hit the drivers where it hurts, by stopping them driving not with some pointless 40 quid fine.