View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3746561)   #77
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
What a great weekend . Now waiting to get on the train . Brian did an hour race in his Ginetta G4 "going to let me have a go and get sorted "looking forward to that . Anyway I was sent out to start the 3 hour race , Brian would do middle stint and then leave me to finish. Flipping eck could not believe the driving standards at the start,you would of thought this was a ten lap sprint race at Mallory Park and not a 3 hour endurance. There were cars off everywhere on first lap loads of yellows but still drivers going bonkers. I lost a few places but still decided this was the best way to proceed. After 3 or 4 laps things settled down and I had got used to car with full tank and then caught and passed all the other MGB 's and cars around our speed . Caught up Johnathon Loader and had a great few laps trying to get past him. He pitted and I then knuckled down and caught up the leading MGB until safety car which played into our hands as time was up and I pitted for Brian to take over . Brian as Brian does pushed on and set best lap from us with the 3 min14 . I sat back made a cup of tea and chilled out ready for my next run . Soon was told to get ready and Brian was in leaving me to do the last hour with strict instructions just to bring car home . Off I went and the B seemed a different at now on light fuel load . I was soon lapping as quick as Brian but was then told via pit board we had 30 second lead over next MGB and also the pinion bearing started to wine so I backed of until chequered flag . Well done to organisers the driving standards were much better than last year . Must pay tribute to James Claridge for a deserving win in the Lotus47. One of the really nice guys in motorsport and a brilliant engine builder . I'm going to miss not doing Spa 6 hour this year unless I get a last minute call. ��

Last edited by Mike Bell; 25 Jun 2017 at 11:18. Reason: Posters request to correct predictive text errors!