Thread: Race Goodbye Malaysia.
View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3773750)   #59
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I thought I'd missed something.

Assen- 2.830 miles
RB Ring- 2.688 miles
Hungaroring- 2.722 miles

Again, the assertion that Assen is too short is absurd. Assen is also longer than Estoril or Jerez.

We don't bring up Monaco for the quality of on-track action; we bring it up because they deem it possible to run a race there with a full field of cars, and consider the probability of FCYs or Red Flags to be within the acceptable range.

As a matter of physics, NO I DON'T consider Brands Hatch GP to be any more ridiculous as an F1 venue as I do Monaco, or Montreal, or Albert Park, or Monza. I could also throw in, at least pieces, of a number of other circuits, like Baku, Suzuka, Singapore, or Interlagos.

Except for 2007-08, F1 has been at Suzuka every season since 1987. I don't know why Honda would prefer Motegi for F1; it's certainly a poorer choice in terms of the circuit itself, with few high-speed corners, some formulaic/repetitive sequences, and by current F1 terms, none of the straights there are terribly long.