View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 2003, 19:04 (Ref:814374)   #20
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With regards to requiring new tubs, I don't know if this is actually necessary. In the ACO regs it says something along the lines that the ACO will have disgression with regards to certain requirements such as cockpit dimensions etc. when converting a car into a 'hybrid'. I would assume this would be to get around the requirment for new tubs or any other stumbling block that could delpete the LMP1 grid unessecarily. Any changes however still need to be homologated by the manufactuer of the car.

It looks as though both Courage and Pescarolo will run hybrids. WR and Nasamax, with there Reynard also look like running hybrids. The problem for Dyson with the MG is that to run as a hybrid, you have to run, I belive, at 900KGs to run in LMP1. No Problem for the DBA, but a bigger struggle for the MG. Can a 'hybrid' run in LMP2 also (presumably what the Courage C65 and WR will do). This is no use for Dyson however who want to compete for overall wins.