Thread: Tony in trouble
View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3443039)   #25
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tyler Graves, a sprint-car racer and friend of Ward's, told Sporting News in a phone interview that he was sitting in the Turn 1 grandstands and saw everything.
"Tony pinched him into the frontstretch wall, a racing thing," Graves said. "The right rear tire went down, he spun on the exit of (Turn) 2. They threw the caution and everything was toned down. Kevin got out of his car. �?� He was throwing his arms up all over the place at Tony for most of the corner.
"I know Tony could see him. I know how you can see out of these cars. When Tony got close to him, he hit the throttle. When you hit a throttle on a sprint car, the car sets sideways. It set sideways, the right rear tire hit Kevin, Kevin was sucked underneath and was stuck under it for a second or two and then it threw him about 50 yards."
Graves said he didn't believe it was intentional.
"You never mean to do something like that," Graves told Sporting News. "Kevin was ****ed and he let Tony know. And Tony was trying to give the message back that he wasn't happy either. He went over the line with it."

Ward obviously did the wrong thing, but seriously? A multi-million dollar, iconic, professional "racing driver" accelerated and as a result veered into this young racing driver, resulting in the death of 20-year-old Kevin Ward Jr. What for? Waving his hands in the air.

At a minimum, that's manslaughter. Stewart wouldn't have wanted to kill a man, but seriously. The man is disturbed and needs attention if that's what he's done. His career will have ended in the worst possible way for him, but hopefully he'll lose the respect of every single motorsports fan that he no longer deserves, although I wish no ill health to Tony.