Thread: Forza 7
View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3740683)   #2
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I used to be a Forza diehard, but have been distracted by other stuff around the time Forza 6 came out. Some of that is due to Forza 6 not being what I hoped it would be. So I am probably not the best person to comment. I plan to get the Xbox One X when it comes out and will likely get Forza 7 as a launch day title anyhow just... because.

Items of concern/interest...

1. They are promising at least 30 environments and a slew of cars. They tend to dribble out content via DLC. So those may not be "day one" values. I was very disappointed with the day one content for Forza 6. My take is the general excuse (maybe accurate) in that it takes time to create all of that content. I "hope" they are generally able to port the existing Forza 6 track and maybe even car content over without having to redo it all... all over again.

2. I felt the prior attempts at environment changes (i.e. rain) was half baked (not dynamic at all such as puddles that behaved the same everywhere). Time will tell if they got it right in this version. I haven't played the other stuff much like the Horizon series (which might have more dynamic environments), so maybe that may tell you what to expect.

3. It's nice to have Porsche back as a day one marque. Question is how deep will they go in the catalog. For example I am pretty sure they only have four cars prior to 1982. So no 917? Are you serious? Sometimes they add cool cars, sometimes you are left scratching your head, sometimes you wonder why specific cars are never included even if they already license other cars from the manufacture.

4. Turn 10 Studios IMHO have a habit of screwing up Forza somehow. I think it was Forza 3 or 4, but back in the day, the earlier versions were awesome, but later on they would do stupid stuff like remove popular features, or the new feature (such as matchmaking for online) just didn't work. I used to really enjoy online play, but with recent editions it seems to just be harder and hard to somehow find lobbies full of people. Maybe things have changed since I generally walked away to play other games.

My suggestion is that unless you are already a diehard Forza fan, I would personally wait to see what the reviews say before going so far as to buy a console + game. That is unless you know you plan to buy the console anyhow. Then picking up Forza with a new 1X may not be a bad thing. Assuming $60 is not going to kill you.

Richard