View Single Post
Old 20 May 2013, 01:21 (Ref:3250194)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Egg Stop the Stop Stuff Ups...

Interesting to watch the V8s in Austin this morning & last, and again we see the lads and ladettes at FPR stuff up yet another tyre stop

Mr Larkham had a couple of stats that were good fun to see, that of the top 10 pitstop times of the Austin weekend (before the last race), the top 8 stops of the weekend were shared, 4 each, with Nismo and RBR.

The #7-ites seemed to spend more than usual time in the pits this weekend, which highlighted many things...

That some teams have their junk together, and could change wheels in an almost seamless motion, helped of course that there were 3 guys a side when 2 tyres were changed.

But surely this is the cheapest place to find lap speed. Any team can run their homologated air tools, practice in their sheds week on week, and get the best benefit they can for their teams.

You could see the difference between the RBR stop, and a BJR one.. the RBR one was not hurried, in/out, into the lane, dont hit anyone... the BJR one less positive, less focused. Quick but not quickest.

Its not all a question of better budgets, or better people... anyone can do this... surely..

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House