View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2004, 23:18 (Ref:1189126)   #70
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
sorry to double-post, but on the Porsches, i saw a silver Porsche Carrera GT running along the middle lane of a rather desolate M25 (a sacrelige if you ask me), me and my petrol-headed mate came across it in my 1000cc Rover Mini Metro at about a ton (unbelievable, but yes, i can do it ) and we looked at this beast with absolute astonishment...we both egged the rather sharp-designer laden toff in the car to drop a cog and show us this car in it's real light...after a lot of hand gesturing and confusion initially, he did and the sound was amazing...we were literally dribbling...i can't believe i actually saw a car like this. i've seen some amazing cars driving around-like a GT40 (must've been an original) in gulf colours blast past me on the road to Brighton, and, even Mr. Jay Kay in one of his cars (i think it was an old, but sexy red Lambo)...but this car was just untruly amazing!

wouldn't like to own it though. unlike a sexy 60s car that has respect, me thinks that the Carerra GT is a car that would be spat on with un-nerving regularity whilst quietly parked up around town. this thing would never happen to a GT40, a DB5 or of course, a Jaguar E-Type (i want one of those)...the Carerra GT looks just a little...i don't know how to put it...but just a little...too contrived. it's certainly not a sexy car, but it's a good looking car. the only comprehensible example i can muster is that when you're in a Bar, and some really good looking woman saunters by your table and all your mates start saying "she is fine"...you kinda just look perplexed and think to yourself that undoubtedly she's got everything you look for in a lady, very good looking, dark hair, very good body and great clothes...but she just doesn't float your boat. The Porsche Carrera GT is much like that situation. it's got the magnificent engineering, design and performance you would expect from a Porsche supercar, but its not a car you drool over. its not like, for instance, a Jaguar E-type where you think: "well, it's brakes, tyres, suspension etc are a bit old, out-dated compared to what i can get now...but OH MY GOD..."...nuff' sed.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead