Old 5 Jul 2012, 18:54 (Ref:3102532)   #732
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
i'll explain better what i mean for stronger: at le mans 2010 the risi 430 and the corvette were at least 2 seconds faster than the fastest #77 porsche. During the race the gap was still heavier... so nobody can't deny that the #77 even if deserved the victory, won just because the retirement of these 3 cars and not because of their performances. The same about the bms victory at spa, without problems of ferrari #2, audi #50 and bmw#79 the imsa and bms cars (with 3 official drivers per car, so the real BMS effort is really relative) would never finish first and second.
Mistakes are just behind the corner. Reliability is not an optional. Speed is basic. But luck is the yeast. All this things make a win. #77 was slower, but has always been there, ready to take the win. It was not in the last place. It was not out of the games. Was just there, behind the corner. Races are this, too.

This year AF has won in GTE, but they've been lucky, too. Corvette was leading, and was faster than Ferrari. Amato Ferrari, interviewed by Autosprint, has admitted Vettes were very fast, faster than Ferraris, and Ferrari was not gaining anything until the leading Corvette has lost a wheel. It's not me to say this, but Amato Ferrari. There's a big difference!
Luck is a basic part in the races. You can be fast, reliable, regular... but you must have luck by your side to gain the first place, at the end of the day.
I've never seen an unluck team to win a so important race...
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR