Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2017, 13:41 (Ref:3751740)   #39
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i'm concerned about the extra strain on the uk power grid

but from a personal perspective, electric cars can't cover my really long journey in one hit habits, so i can't consider them for now. however i can fully see the merit and if i was rich i'd be all over a tesla even if they do look a bit like a jag
The estate my workshop is on is all solar panelled and also has a big solar farm behind, so a lot if the time we are supplying the grid. I can charge my car during the day if required without using 'mains' power....

When I'm racing, it's means using the truck or van and trailer. For other life, an EV fits perfectly. Yes, I'd also love a Tesla, but when the time comes to change there will be many other interesting options, I'm sure!