View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2018, 15:42 (Ref:3808372)   #52
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
As I've said a few times in the past, the biggest thing holding these cars back has been the tires. They have as much power as the factory LMP1 cars of yesteryear or the LMP900s, but you'd expect that years of aero and technical development would mean faster times.

Now the DPIs are running times that IMO place them in the right generation of car, as they should be able to run times rivaling what LMP1s did a few years ago.

I don't think we'll see 1:45s or anything close to what Audi did in 2013 (official fastest lap at Sebring, though we know that their cars in '13 and afterwards went faster than that, including 2015 where they reportedly did 1:41s) this year, but the cars are running what I would consider realistically good times and about what they should be capable of doing.