View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2017, 17:49 (Ref:3776188)   #14
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mike offered more of breakdown on what the costs are and while 18/mos just for the F1 channel (which of course requires one to first buy a basic package - which it must be said provides a lot of other content as well) does seem on the surface high...but $10 per race, in relative terms, is a fair amount to pay for several hours of original content.

but i would agree, better price points need to be found and even a choice of which weekends/GPs a person wants to pay for.

more choice is always preferable.

anyways, your cable packages are still cheaper then ours (around CAN$100/mos for the basic tier of channels plus my sports channel add ons)

i do like the idea of a deal with Netflix (but maybe thats because i am already a subscriber to that). f1 content, highlights, features already bundled into what i think is a very affordable and competitively priced streaming service. and if they can work it so races can be shown on delay or even ultimately live even better.

and then if there is some real competition in the market place, then the cable subscriptions should decline as well.