View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2022, 18:58 (Ref:4119614)   #35
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
As often is the case, the headlines are misleading. Brawn said before the regs came into play that he wanted more potential winners. Alonso is pointing out that this has not happened. Unless something odd happens, then if you replace Merc with Ferrari, we have exactly the same number of potential race winners at the moment as we have had for absolutely ages: 4. Or maybe 6 if you think that Merc will come good on a flat billiard table type track.
I tend to think that its very unrealistic to expect much more parity in the first year of the new regulations. While they are not helping things by breaking their own rules by extending the budget cap and letting the big teams spend even more money, hopefully we might see more consolidation in solutions and actual race pace in the next few years. I tend to think this season will see the most drama (some teams getting it badly wrong vs. other getting it significantly right)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Aside from that, I do wonder if people are reading too much into what he did and did not say and whether it was meant as a dig at others or whether or not it implies whether he is or is not wanting to drive next season.
Agree.

Richard