View Single Post
Old 27 Dec 2023, 09:20 (Ref:4189992)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Easier to stick your head in the sand and do zero planning for when changes are forced on the series by industry changes that you know are coming.
What do the Car Sales mob suggest is the way forward?

Nothing, only that V8Supercar is doomed.
And go a’hunting for some folks to point fingers at.

Most of the issue is the world had no idea what V8Supercar was up to during the homologation process for new cars, manufacturer talks, car specs and the like.

The new owners have been smashed for that about a billion times so far.

When there are only 2 girls going to a dance you are running, and plenty of people feigning interest to get a look see as to what’s going on, the logical answer is to dance with the girls that showed up.

And work on brands #3, #4 and #5… with an allocated, dedicated group of resources.

Or just let it all collapse. It’s only a couple of thousand people’s jobs. Investments of a couple of hundred million dollars rendered worthless. Overnight. Not much when you say it quickly I suppose.

And we can run the spectacularly successful (sic) TCR program that runs more brands of all the cars Joe Spectator allegedly buys, yet not more manufacturers than V8Supercars.. instead drivers are key as their cheque books keep the customer racing thing going.

Is RACE the wrong parent for V8Supercars?
Probably

Is anyone else stepping up with a different plan, a different way forward?
Nope

Be careful of what you wish for..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods