Thread: Branding
View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3716905)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
but what is the benefit to a team that accepts an Alfa badge while forgoing the Ferrari badge?

take Haas for example...Alfa is making a big push in the US these days(heavy sponsorship during this years Super Bowl) so on the surface it would seem to be an easy and natural fit for FIAT.

but from Haas' point of view, would that sponsorship have helped or hurt them?

more money is of course more money but maybe they thought that having the Ferrari badge (a far more recognizable symbol) on their car gave the new team a level of exposure and credibility that they might not have otherwise created had they used the Alfa badge.

if i was starting a new team, paying a premium ti use the Ferrari badge exclusively might outweigh additional sponsorship revenues.

that said i would probably try to get both badges on my car and have the best of both worlds!