View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2007, 08:41 (Ref:1827009)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just as with PROCAR, the parity police have to manage the driver input into the process as well.

From memory the last parity rules required a number of cars of the same model to be measured before a parity change would be implemented. With just 3 in the mix in 2007, if one of the three does not have a good weekend, which happened on occassion for these 3 in 2006, then the aggregate results will be too skewed to impress a change, or indeed if they slim down the sample size, will get just as slanted a result.

It isnt an easy fix once the season starts, but as WebberForWDC suggests, the TEGA titans should be making sure the ducks are all in a row.

I mean can you imagine the uproar if say HRT were to operate the #22 car as a full house VZ, without an aero reduction... with 4 cars then in the mix, there will still be some disparity between the performances... while the quickest car in the field specification wise would in theory be that #22 VZ
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods