View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3760019)   #202
jcdeleted
Rookie

jcdeleted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Nice one John. Hope new owner enjoys the car!

On a different note, I made a comment about driving standards in the Masters Sportscars race several post back, after watching the ITV prog. This is an extract from a long email from Ron Maydon, sent to all Masters competitors today....

"Following the recent incidents at the Silverstone Classic event in the FIA Masters Historic Sports Car race, I felt that I needed to write to all our Members concerning the conduct of drivers and teams both on and off the track, which I felt fell to an unacceptably low level at that event. I feel that the Silverstone incidents were a low ebb in Masters’ otherwise excellent history.

I have asked the permanent FIA Steward, John Naylor, to clamp down on all on-track and off-track incidents from now onwards and a new discipline enforcement regime began at the Nurburgring, which the majority of drivers and preparers racing at that event applauded and welcomed as being overdue."

That's sufficient without going into detail. Glad I wasn't the only one unimpressed!
Mike

I'm sure that I'm not the only one to be impressed by the calm and reasoned manner that you (and Ron Maydon) have commented on / dealt with this issue. Thank you. Jcdeleted