View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2011, 15:52 (Ref:2938155)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
glad you brought it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHWS View Post
Some would argue that attracting fans from Texas is not important, but I disagree...
in the previous thread you provided a link for an article by an economist discussing the merits (rather the lack of) on tax subsidies for sporting and entertainment events.

essentially it made the point (which i did find very valid) that people have a fixed amount to spend on entertainment. by offering incentives for sporting events all the local or state government is doing is encouraging people to change their spending habits (for example, instead of spending at a local restaurant i will spend at a sporting event) as opposed to creating any new spending an hence not generating additional tax revenue.

combined with your position that the State is overestimating how much in new taxes they will collect because of the race i took that to mean that you were of the opinion that having locals attend the race doesn't matter or make any difference to the financial viability of this event from the State's ability to collect taxes perspective.

forgive me if i read to much into that.