View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2010, 02:50 (Ref:2637424)   #11
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
You can thank SBF for getting it sorted with the powers-that-be so we can post .skp files.

I'm glad you like it!

I think I was figuring on the left-hand bend after start/finish being gradual enough that you don't really need to use up all of the road. In that case, the vehicles exiting the pits should be reasonably out of the path of those on the racing line. I was envisioning something akin to what we see at Mugello.

Also, if the pits were to driver's left of the straight, exiting cars would be in the way when the guys on line come across to the left edge of the track to line up for the following right-hander.

Speaking of that Italian circuit, I had Mugello and Montjuich Park on my mind when I originally drew this up on paper a little over a year ago, hence the name Montello Park. It wasn't really intentional; I simply realized that this circuit had some noticeable elements from those two tracks.

I think SBF just missed my mention of it in the other thread, but how do you do the layering?