View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2010, 12:30 (Ref:2638220)   #13
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post

I think I was figuring on the left-hand bend after start/finish being gradual enough that you don't really need to use up all of the road. In that case, the vehicles exiting the pits should be reasonably out of the path of those on the racing line. I was envisioning something akin to what we see at Mugello.
Yes,you're right but that's not the problem, the problem is that the pit exit would be at the right,where I thought any car/bike missing t1 (say in a wet race) would meet outgoing traffic.Too risky to believe no on will ever fail.Better on the inside, where there's little or no possibility since physics say it's impossible to slip to the inside of a turn.

Quote:
Also, if the pits were to driver's left of the straight, exiting cars would be in the way when the guys on line come across to the left edge of the track to line up for the following right-hander.
Yes again and that depends on how close to T1 the exit is, I'd say somewhat after the natural apex is the perfect spot, where cars/bikes would be maneuvering wide in preparation to T2, like you say. I'd say a little before midpoint might be reasonable place to have breaking vehicles meeting accelerating vehicles.