View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2010, 06:06 (Ref:2645292)   #17
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Perhaps I'm going overboard with some features, but I want to sort out how Sketch-Up works as much as possible with this first track so that subsequent efforts go more smoothly.

Anyway, I've posed my main questions of the moment in the "Tutorial" thread.

If you count all the little bends and kinks, it comes out to something like 23 corners, but a lot of those are quick ones and thus not proper turns really. Before it was removed, the track center line measured 4.006 miles. Run-off area dimensions are based on straight-line, tangential projections from the outside of the curves.

When I've got this done in its full glory, I'll include an extended description with elevation changes and everything (something else I'll need to figure out how to do visually in Sketch-Up at some point).

Here it is in much more detailed form than the last update. Questions, comments, and edits very are welcome.
Attached Files
File Type: skp Montello Park 3D.skp (377.9 KB, 13 views)