View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2017, 07:17 (Ref:3771691)   #44
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
is it confirmation bias or is it that this forum has just become increasingly hostile over the past few months and people are less willing to have honest and open conversations about things?
I think there's a lot more fanboys than there used to be, or maybe that's just my perception. I don't think it's possible to have a conversation about Max Verstappen at all, as he's never ever at fault. Similarly, many conversations about Vettel just turn nonsensical and criticise him for things like speaking Italian. I think these sorts of discussions (or lack of) mean that when it comes to other topics, perhaps tolerances are shorter - and I am perhaps guilty of that too

I do agree with you that the Mercedes is perhaps not 118 points better. But people were generally reply to the comments of the Mercedes being behind the Ferrari, or potentially being behind the Ferrari (some are actually predicting the future now to confirm their own biases!). It might not be 118 points better, but some of the claims being made are the F1 equivalent to the flat-earth society in that it's hard to form a good answer, given how crazy the claim is. I could claim the Mercedes is actually worse than the McLaren, but Lewis (and Bottas) are just so far ahead of everyone else that they make up for it - but I would expect to be ridiculed for it.