View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2017, 11:31 (Ref:3771738)   #47
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Is there even such thing as "the best car". I would think the relative performances of the cars tend to shift from track to track, depend on weather conditions, are influenced by the strength/weaknesses of the engine, and most likely the tire make or tire compounds play a role as well.

Apart from the McLaren-Honda of 1988 I can't really think of a single car that was dominant in all different circumstances.
Perhaps the 1996 Williams. Only missed 4 race wins through the season. Engine failure at Monaco, crashes at Barcelona and Monza, and Schumacher was amazing at Spa. I'd say other than a single engine failure, the car was dominant and the drivers let it down that year.