View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2012, 00:54 (Ref:3168847)   #21
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
I’d hardly call F1 extreme – but it does surprise me that there isn’t any RedBull sponsored cars in the WEC. They seem to be quite close to VW Group, so you would think that Audi would be the best choice – unless Audi preferred to run their corporate colours. RedBull and Endurance would seem a perfect fit.
Yes I have noticed the relationship with the VW Group but not really surprised they havent turned up on a current Audi LMP as you said they would prefer to run their corporate colors which understandable as its a Audi funded marketing exercise.

Maybe if we saw a customer R18 (if ever) that might be a possibility or a Red Bull sponsored R8 LMS in GT3 somewhere (Im not sure there hasnt been one in the past, correct me if Im wrong).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
They obviously back Buemi so he donned a Red Bull helmet at Le Mans this time in the Toyota. I have to agree with Arnage that it seems a perfect fit with endurance - not least for the folks driving home after the 24. I suppose for them it's more about the extreme element rather than endurance.

Relentless are there with Strakka. Monster are also absent but they seems to be buying against Red Bull sponsorship.
Didnt know Buemi was still part of the Red Bull family.

Yeah for a energy drink thats marketed at 'giving you wings' and keeping you going, I think endurance would be a perfect fit which makes the lack of Red Bull within sportscar racing a bit mystifying. Monster have appeared on Rossi's 458 when he raced with Kessel in Blancpain and the car looked fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
Anyone remember this?

And this?

Well I didnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Was this the last time Red Bull appeared at Le Mans?

If not Newey, maybe Sebastien Loeb could be the man to convince them to jump in?
From memory it appears it was the last time it appeared at Le Mans and possibly the only time? (as a full livery).

Sebastian Loeb raced a Red Bull sponsored McLaren in French GT

http://www.redbull.com/en/motorsport...with-champagne

So maybe we might see it on an LMP2 someday if he continues his sportscar adventure.