Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2017, 09:05 (Ref:3786970)   #2536
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I managed to track this down, it would appear that we are being lied to as to the growth of the electric car market.
Basically it has tanked for the past 3 years in Europe.
Lies, damned lies and statistics?

The entire automotive market has flattened across Europe since the crash in 2008. Some peaks, some troughs, but a lot of people can't afford to consider new new cars these days.

The discussion around EVs of all types strikes me a bit like the panic over the start of rail passenger travel, early automobiles, or supersonic flight. It's new! It's awesome! It's new! We're all going to die! It's new, it's different, and I DON'T LIKE IT THEREFORE YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER, ad nauseum.

Like it or not, we're witnessing the first major change in personal transportation in about a century. Business and politics may be driving some of that change, but it's an exciting time to be witnessing it regardless.

Sure, these early versions are being viewed with suspicion or hostility by some - but the younger generations will be the ones who drive (excuse the pun) the changes forward, not us old gits with our entrenched views.

Bring on the solar powered autonomous car pool. I love driving my MX-5, it's great fun (especially in the snow!), but the days of one person per carbon chewing car are going the way of the T-Rex - museums.

Now, what about Honda...?