Old 25 Apr 2017, 10:09 (Ref:3729091)   #145
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
You pay for access to EPG changes, the Major channels like BBC ITV etc, pay for 24/7 instant change capability, so that if like the other day ITV dropped this morning, for ITV News and the BBC shifted BBC1 programmes to BBC 2 and brought the simulcast News channel over from BBC 2 to BBC 1. Their EPGs changed immediately to reflect that. The next step down is daytime instant change in recent years this is what the likes of Eurosport have now. Below the is a 24 hours notice type, then week in advance.

Motors TV have always had the lowest/cheapest EPG rating so on submitting schedules to the EPG 2 weeks or more in advance, they are guessing at how long edits of programmes will be, or that the independent production company will deliver the "tape" in time for the schedule first showing.

Remember in most cases the event won't even have happened when they set the schedules.

With Motorsport.com taking over, they say they are going to invest in the channel, I'm guessing that will include not just the promised HD channel but improved EPG change access so that schedules will updated as required.
I dig what you are saying. I did some homework into the Sky EPG last year when Motorstv went off air. The charges to get a channel number and listing on the EPG are practically scandalous.
However, motorsport.tv is the only channel out of hundreds that is so consistently off target. A lot of the races are weeks old, or even highlights from last season, and repeated incessantly, so they know exactly how long the shows are. Broadcasting a race five minutes early is really frustrating and I think inexcusable. I can't understand why they show a different series when both are in the loop being repeated all week.
The production company is obviously the same as the mistakes are identical as to when it was motorstv.
They lose me from watching for hours a week, expand that nationally, and you have a serious drop in ratings.
I hope they can pull their fingers out soon.