View Single Post
Old 8 Sep 2010, 02:24 (Ref:2756010)   #18
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Jacques, Yeongam is a whole heck of a lot closer to Valencia in the spectrum than it is to Spa.

Sodemo, I just don't find Shanghai to fit together as a whole. It has a number of more flowing turns, but then a few more angular ones that happen to be at critical points on the lap. Turns 9 and 10 foul up a lot of runs into Turn 11, which itself fouls up the run through 12 and 13 in its current form. Then you have that overly acute hairpin at 14 with the unnecessary kink at 15. Turn 16 should be loosened up some and made into an actual curve.

One thing I find particularly galling at Korea is that the road that gives a nice curve out of Turn 4 is actually there (the track layout from the original proposal), but like Fuji and Abu Dhabi, F1 will be using a ridiculous and pointless series of tight corners (basically a triple hairpin) instead.

I'm not sure that the straights into Turns 1 and 4 are quite long enough. It's really going to depend on the racing line through that long right-hander and that final kink to the left as to whether you can reasonably set up a pass going by the pits. Therefore, I'm only going to give Turn 3 as a definite overtaking spot for the entire circuit at this point.