View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2011, 14:54 (Ref:2871204)   #16
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ryan Farquar on Martin "Flying Finn" Finnegan (irish roadracer, who tragically got killed during the Tandragee 100 in May 2008) in Stephen Davisons biography "Flying Finn", p.50

"Martin (Finnegan) was coming through the ranks to challenge Richard (Britton), Adrian (Archibald) and me", Ryan Farquar says, "His goals were the same than mine - We wanted to win as many National road races in Ireland as we could and we both wanted a TT win"

"The way I saw it was that Martin was there to take my wages every week and I was trying to do the same to him", Ryan laughs. "We had to be at the top of our game to keep each other at bay."

"I could have raced with Martin all day every day", Ryan says. "We never had a problem riding an inch from each other's back wheels."

Same book , p.143. Rachel (Martins daughter) and Brenda (Martins wife) in December 2008:
Rachel: "Mummy, do you remember the time when I had all the spots on my face?"
Brenda: "Oh yes pet, I remember, when you had the chickenpox. You were really sick with them, weren't you ?"
Rachel: "I was Mummy and I didn't want to be with anybody else but my Daddy."
Brenda: "No sweetheart, you didn't. Just your Daddy."
Rachel: "I want my Daddy back now Mummy."

Still same book p. 144 Martin's mother Margaret on Martin:
"Good luck to you now and take your time." - 'I always said that to Martin before he went to a race. It always made him laugh."

Last edited by Andy77; 28 Apr 2011 at 14:56. Reason: typos