Thread: Driver Brendon Hartley in F1
View Single Post
Old 17 Oct 2017, 09:53 (Ref:3774634)   #19
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The other point which is why I have my hopes up is that despite the fact its been a while since he has piloted an open wheeler, the LMP1 cars are not exactly slouches and he has gone from winning Petit Le Mans race in A DPi car, to racing his 919 LMP1 car to this weekend in Austin in a F1 car...all in 3 consecutive weekends

So he is pretty experienced camapigner these days with regards to jumping into different teams, cars and environments with Continental tyres in DPi car and Michelin in LMP1 Porsche etc. He would have learned a great deal from years within Porsche alongside Webber and Timo and hopefully this year looked at how Lotterer goes about a race weekend.

Given plenty of running in FP1 and FP2 I think he can do the job....the big challenge will be these silly Pirelli tyres and how he can keep them in the window.

Anyway...will be great to have a fella back in STR that I can support. I will try and bag some merch for his one off race appearance