View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2011, 22:34 (Ref:2928747)   #290
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

I think it is disappointing too that there has been a split, but I can understand if the issue with the old board was frustration at having to deal with TMC. Their marketing of the supposed "Premier" series of New Zealand motorsport has been woeful for many years, and as I have said earlier, with support classes as boring as the ones they have in Tier One, who would want to go? Has it escaped everyone's attention that the best and most competitive (and the fastest and arguably most prestigious) series that we have here, the TRS, was dumped out of Tier 1 by MNZ/TMC (choose between either)? The only other decent series in Tier 1 (apart from the NZV8's), the GT3's (and I do apologise to Formula Ford, which is an important series but not always visually stimulating) is now no more, so where does that leave us? We had dealings with TMC when we were peripherally involved with the V8's, and I have to say not only were they difficult to deal with but they ignored the good efforts put in by us to try and increase spectator interest in the sport. It's all far too much of a closed shop in there, too many people in their own little closed club wanting to push their own agendas. Little wonder that so many good people have got fed up and pulled the pin! I really do feel sorry for the remaining good people on VEEGA, who are stuck working with TMC and their small blinkered vision.

There's my rant for the day!