View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2015, 22:42 (Ref:3564497)   #24
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And Adam you are right. Utterly.

I have got into cricket recently, watched a few village games, was alright, then went with my mate to watch Bucks play at Trings ground, the difference was staggering (and this is 3 tiers down from !st class). Would I still be as into watching a village game now? No.

Same as football, I support a Conference side and have been to see them once in 5 years, why? because their quality of football is garbage yet the prices are the same as they were when they were in the League! Am I a bad supporter? Probably, but a reasonable one? Maybe yes.

Same with racing. I love the cars at historic events, what I don't love is seeing people being lapped in 4 laps, beautiful cars being driven slower than a sporting trials car. Nitpicking yes for all that there are countless guys on the limit, driving brilliantly, but that was what I took away from the few grandee events I attended, yet the smaller events seemed to offer me more in terms of value and driving standards!

So yes, I prefer to watch guys at the top of thier game, as should any aspiring fan, yet as fans the prices go up, and up and more and more people who want to be seen to be there go, less who SHOULD be there for the legacy of our sport can't even afford a car park pass.