Thread: Lites / LMP3
View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2017, 02:24 (Ref:3720519)   #1271
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
And as long as they continue to use the outdated junk, I will be pointing out how bad a decision that was.

Excuse me? A savior? Sorry, but no, I've never promoted the class as anything of the sort. Maybe you should pay attention to the points being brought up instead of being dismissive.

I'll note for starters that I've never once said CN should have been adopted over LMP3. You may also note I've never said IMSA should just throw out LMP3.

ALLEGED orders. We have no way of knowing that the claimed orders have occurred until they're actually filled(if they ever are).

And those drivers are still going to have to pay more to cover the cost, and eventually those drivers are going to question why they have to pay so much more for something that's not any quicker than the other option.

(and let's not get into when the cars get revised after homologation expires - too many ways as to how that can turn out to try and account for it)

Couple big differences between this and PC: The P3 cars aren't in the top series. The PC cars were. The PC cars are also faster vehicles - PC pole at Sebring was 3 seconds faster than P3.

If the P3 cars were as fast as PC, we wouldn't be having this discussion - I wouldn't be using CN to illustrate of what needs to be fixed in LMP3, I'd only be mentioning it when lamenting IMSA's refusal to replace the outdated Elan junkers.

For now, yes(though not in as large a number as CN cars). There's a reason all of my concerns are regarding the long term.

Like I said, it's all faith. You have it, I don't.
But so far nothing you have moaned about and told how much smarter you are than the actual teams has EVER come to fruition so at this point your opinion is looking more vindictive pessimism than actually fully developed points. Just because you whine here and Racer doesn't make you knowledgeable, it means you ruin two sites like a certain often banned DJ from CA.