Thread: "Mobile" Style
View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2014, 06:51 (Ref:3451730)   #4
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
where do you select the new style?
"Most" mobile devices should be detected automatically based on what they send as the browser identifier. If your device isn't being detected then let me know by PM. Also, at the moment, I think it only works within the "forum" section of Tenths and not on the front page. It's very experimental and I know at least one useful feature (Quote) seems to need a tweak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
Great move, the modern web should just work on all devices, changing styles in response to device types is part of that and I don't believe pushing people to native apps is the answer. We should stay in the browser.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, I think that a good native app can be a much better way to interact with content as they can leverage device capabilities such as cameras etc.