Thread: Project C.A.R.S
View Single Post
Old 25 Feb 2016, 08:05 (Ref:3617600)   #88
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Without getting involved in an argument about them as a company or anything else, regarding the bit I've bolded, they absolutely have not stopped support. They have issued patches once a month, every month, since release which have all contained both bug fixes and enhancements, plus a free car alongside the paid DLC. You can, of course, draw your own conclusions about the fact they need to still be patching nearly a year after release, but to say they have stopped supporting the game is simply not true.
They promised all these exciting updates like the full Indy 500, oval tracks, historic tracks, the addition of a custom championship/opposition selection so you could set up a realistic LMP1-LMP2-GT3 grid for Le Mans etc, and it seems like when they've ran into problems putting these things in (I don't doubt they have tried), they've shelved each and every thing for the sequel. Meaning essentially the support has been fixing bugs, car packs and the odd track. Every new patch throws up new and bizarre bugs, each subsequent patch has attempted to fix these but thrown up a few new ones instead.

It feels like they've just moved on to working on the sequel very quickly and the game is still essentially what we had at release without much more added to it. The tide on their board has very much turned against SMS in recent weeks after the oval debacle and canning of most of the Indycar content, and rightly so - but it's turned into a bit of a warzone not for the first time.

The most troubling bit for me is that if you go on their website the grand announcement of the full Indycar licence with all the 2015 cars, teams, the full Indy 500 etc is still there which could still sway some people into parting with their cash even though it's been canned.