View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3221268)   #2603
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin View Post
As for people being mugs, you could say that about pretty much everything, including and probably especially Formula 1 - since I suspect Bernie is certainly on a par with Mr. Murdoch in terms of personal fortune. If you didn't buy anything or watch anything because of a moral objection to those who own or run them, then you had better get off the grid because behind just about everything (except Ten-Tenths sadly...! ) is owned and run by a hyper wealthy man or woman or group of faceless investors that you probably wouldn't want to trust with your kid's pocket money.

IMHO of course.
I don't think people are necessarily mugs for paying for Sky coverage, that's their choice. I personally wouldn't pay for Sky as I object to Murdoch and all that he stands for. The alternative is the BBC, which although isn't a perfect institution, at least isn't owned by a hyper wealthy man or woman or group of faceless investors.