View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3441354)   #82
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
it was a procession mostly

Gio couldn't pass Smith, Jackson couldn't pass Smith and he barely did pass his team mate

Shedden couldn't pass Plato all race long , Plato couldn't pass Turks and Gio would have hanged on to podium if it wasn't for his own mistake cos Turks couldn't pass him either

passes were done only when a serious mistake or tangle

in the old days the tap to pass or force the issues side by side would have been used but now seems a bit too sterile

I disagree, I thought it was a tense and exciting race. If you get equal performing cars, then it is bound to be difficult to get past well driven cars, and cutting across corners and barging cars out of the way isn't proper circuit racing, is it? That's more like rallycross. I for one, don't want to see easy passes just because a driver has a big car advantage. Unaware spectators may think it was a "great move" when in fact it was fairly straight-forward to the driver of a car with an advantage.