View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2016, 07:12 (Ref:3627736)   #3140
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
However, once such a series was in place that changed with CART in the late '80s and '90s, when foreign drivers and ex F1 drivers, who couldn't get seats in F1, came over to race in CART as a viable alternative to F1.
Oh I know my history. The years with Blundell, Brack and of course Mansell were great great days. Back then we had a weekly Saturday lunchtime show, focusing on Mansell admittedly, but CART was getting some awareness from a mainstream audience in the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
...and what we have now is pretty much a return to what was happening in CART, during the '80s and '90s; foreign drivers looking to race in a series that's a viable alternative to F1.
...which one of its three most significant team owners / promoters doesn't want, and a series where the majority of coverage now available roots so strongly for US drivers much of it is unreadable. Oh how I laughed when Hildebrand but Indy turn 4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
On this basis all of F1 is just an overblown club event!
On the basis of what sorry? International public awareness? Actual sponsor dollars (although F1 does have its own ride buyers)? Global audiences? I think the only category F1 is behind on is "number of overrated drivers related to famous fathers"