View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2017, 01:46 (Ref:3771144)   #786
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchingOn View Post
I think that you are missing the point although you do make reference to why you didn't race in the Konica race way back when

Super2 is a 7 round championship with Bathurst as an optional round which as it says optional, in effect this means that the taking on Bathurst as an optional round increases your yearly budget above what it has/was the previous year.

I understand that Bathurst is prestigious but you can't call divers pathetic because they can't afford to do it when you yourself state that you would have raced but couldn't get sponsorship

I sometimes wonder what people's perception is of how much motorsport actually costs.
My deal would have included all the championship rounds plus the non-championship Bathurst event. As it was the whole thing didn't come off, which is a common problem in motor racing.

I only called the ones 'pathetic' if they didn't want to race just because it was non-championship. Budgets have nothing to do with that initial decision. Did the one's not competing this weekend chase the dollars to try and get on the grid? The discussion is about attitudes, not budgets.

The likes of Formula Ford used to have a non-championship event on the Bathurst support bill and fill the grid with reserves, as did many support races.