Old 19 Nov 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2585276)   #19
Ubique
Racer

Falkland Islands
Watching penguins in the South Atlantic
Ubique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Snapper View Post
I agree with Piglet, JP (MSV) would not why would they want Donington. We already have strick curfews at Brands and only (I think) 16 Full circiut days a year,but adding Donington to the portfolia adds IMHO nothing except the vast expence of getting the track rebuilt, it's much cheaper to hire Silverstone for a few days.
So let me get this right, the fact that Donington does NOT have a curfew OR a maximum numbers of days they can hold meetings is a negative?

The cost of buying the Donington lease from the administrators will probably be a fraction of the cost of the proposed redevelopment of Snetterton and for that MSVR get a far better circuit. The cost of getting Donington up to a raceable standard would not be that much. After that initial outlay MSVR could setup a race school or trackday (driving experience) company at the circuit and start making a profit, the other redevelopment could then be done slow time as and when the budget allows.

The curfews etc are the reasons that Brands is not ever going to be the fanastic international circuit it once was. If MSVR want to take on the BRDC and have the best circuit in their own portfolio then buying Donington would be their best course of action.