View Single Post
Old 19 Nov 2009, 19:32 (Ref:2585286)   #21
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would be MSV not MSVR.

Donington (IMO) needs a vast amount of investment. Other than race control, the place is an absolute hole - have you been there recently?

I'm worried that I've imagined the figure but my recollection is that based on the arrears that were touted around for DVLL last year the rent seemed to calculate at around £30m a year - that's a lot of track days, especially when you are already running at 4 other circuits and at Bedford - is there enough business to go around to justify the investment?

It's not just buying the lease from the Administrators, it's paying the ongoing rental, it's potentially dealing with the existing debt (depending on the deal), it's reinstating the circuit and bringing the facilities up to standard.

I really hope someone takes it on, I'd be happy if it was MSV but I wonder why they would, other than the curfew point.

They already have WTCC, DTM, Superleague etc. at Brands - the only big car meetings that don't run at Brands are FIA GT's and LMS and you couldn't run either of those at Donington without rebuilding the pit lane.