View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2011, 21:47 (Ref:2862646)   #114
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36ST View Post
Your recent arrival on this forum and sudden & overwhelming support for this new class does make me wonder whether you have a barrow to push, so to speak?

Anyhow, why would they limit the field to just 16 cars? Seems quite low, with bigger fields in many classes at club day and classic events.
I have thought the same E36ST, looks like MP posting under another name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
All i can say is PHHOOOAAARRR!!!

Mark Petch and co have certainly over delivered here, these things just look the ducks nuts!

And great to hear that 15/16 have already sold and that the 16th one is just a few days away from sign-off.

Suggest you take a look at the V8 racer forum for a full set of piccies

(i particularly like the one of Johnny Mac in the drivers seat looking like the cat that got the cream)

Really well presented and put-together cars - no cheap cost cutting measures here - makes you wonder why a V8SC is so expensive!!

Its go go go
No cheap cost cutting measures then? What about the mighty "Link" engine management system and that dash/datalogger that looks like rather a "budget" piece? Why not spend a couple of grand more and kit it out with Motec gear, which is the industry standard down under?
Plenty of other parts that suggest these cars were built down to a price, which is understandable I guess. A very "basic" car compared to a V8SC, and will be interesting to see how well that engine, which is a road car mill from what I understand, survives under the heat of racing.

Last edited by brown dog; 12 Apr 2011 at 21:58.