View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2011, 23:29 (Ref:2862688)   #116
MarioNZ
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
MarioNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car looks OUTSTANDING!
From what you can see (versus a V8SC or SC CotF) this class appears to be all about cost cutting/containment whilst still producing a high quality, 'proper' race car?
Mr Dog, what's wrong with a Link engine management system? Not that I have experience or expertise in this field but Link appears to be being used succesfully across a broad range of applications and the fact that it's NZ made I would think would be a real plus for this car, the more local content the better as far as I'm concerned. Can't comment on the data dash thingy, they all look the same to me - wouldn't this be something that teams fitted to their preference?
Re the engine - a quick online check suggests that the engine was specifically built as a 'production race engine' developed for the Corvette Le Mans program, hand built, titanium rods and valve train, cnc heads, dry sumped - doesn't sound very road car? They appear to be a very proven motor but time (on track) will tell. Got to be better than the pre-historic boat anchors in the NZV8's.

The construction looks quite 'sparse' any word on weight?