View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2011, 10:38 (Ref:2942449)   #11
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
No Mantorp or Knutstorp? I mean, there's two TBA's, sure
Fingers crossed Ring Knutstorp won't turn out to be either TBA. It's too slow, too twisty and too Mickey Mouse.

Personally I'm dreaming that they somehow, someway, will make it possible to run at either configuration at Gotland Ring. I expect that it will remain a dream, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
And as far as I could hear there was nothing about TV coverage mentioned? Though I suppose it shouldn't be as difficult now with the GT package. Would be damn funny if both STCC and this ended up on Viasat.
Whatever network they end up on, I hope they start showing everything from the support races - right now we get better, more complete coverage of club racing and other smaller regional championships in Europe than most of the support races to the STCC where only the second race is shown for whatever odd reason. And it's been that way for years and only here in Sweden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
After 15 years of Super Touring and S2000 (was there a STCC before?) moving to a 100% spec series is in my opinion a step to far.
I see what you're saying, but at the same time a spec series is what provides the best racing in Sweden (shown on TV, anyway) right now; Camaro Cup. It's bloody fantastic. Ok so I might be a tad biased, with my love for V8s and american-style racing overall, but anyway...

Last edited by rustyfan; 18 Aug 2011 at 10:49.