View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2011, 10:45 (Ref:2982215)   #4
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Very impressive detail, though as not an rFactor-ist I can only comment on what I can see here.

I have to say that even at just under 2 miles there are a lot of large radius corner, with very little in the way of overtaking places.
Touring cars might be able to "rub past" but I doubt single seaters would.

The pit lane as you say needs work.

The elevation changes are an interesting feature, though without seeing then in action make if difficult to comment on.
I can totally see your point on the overtaking front, but the way it tends to work during races is that T1 is a great overtaking spot. It's full of elevation (down going in to it, then rises up at the apex, then gradually falls away again, with a tiny bit of positive banking in the middle). Racers tend to exchange positions/go side-by-side through T2-3, then take a lunge down the inside of the huge drop of T4.

And the final turn being a strange/tricky as it is can lead to some side-by-side action down the straight.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

I'm working on fixing the link now. Have no idea why it refused it?! Uploading to Mediafire instead

Selby