View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2018, 00:17 (Ref:3799149)   #3
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
I've read somewhere (maybe Speedcafe?) someone's suggestion to chop down a few trees near the apex just after the grate, which I think combined with moving the wall back driver's left may improve the visibility around the corner in a sightline they are already focused on, potentially removing some of the dependence on the flaggies for safety. Not sure how much would be required in terms of earthworks

Moving the wall back on driver's right I think removes the challenge of one of the best corners requiring the highest level of commitment to get it right, and fast.
I would rather see lights involved and strongly penalise drivers that turned a blind eye to the yellows on a blind turn, no doubt on the basis of 'oh its just going to be a car parallel parked against the wall' rather than broadside across the track.