View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2016, 13:31 (Ref:3683841)   #109
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
This recent article http://www.motorsport.com/indycar/ne...for-19-844234/ is quite intersting. Mark Miles talked to journalist David Malsher and confirmed ongoing discussions with Portland, among other things.

A possible street circuit in Calgary, Canada, also gets mentioned in the article. Still, no further US venues have been written about.

Personally, I feel that's kind of sad because I still miss Milwaukee, and I guess other fans do so as well.

Regarding Mexico, Miles said that there are no discussions between Mexico City and IndyCar. However, "there are other conversations about a Mexican venue but I don’t think they will be viable as early as 2018,” he is quoted.

In relation to this, the article mentions a 1 and 1/4 mile flat oval that is part of Autodromo Miguel Abed at Puebla which does not have a SAFER barrier yet.

To be honest, I wasn't even aware there is an oval in Puebla.

Miles also says IndyCar would be open to a return to Australia for its season opener "if all the elements could be put together".
If the season opener were in Australia, the season could start earlier and reduce the 6 month off season.

It would be good to see Portland back on the calendar. Roger Penske, earlier this year, was talking about opening up the North West. Canada definitely needs another race but why Calgary, why not Vancouver?