View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2016, 14:26 (Ref:3683037)   #24
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Personally I think fair enough on Audi withdrawing, they have nothing let to prove there, backed it when no-one else wanted to and won plenty of races and publicity from it.

I think there are reasons for going E. Largely money, we all know VAG are buggered financially at the moment and though WEC came out of R&D, that cash isn't limitless, especially after their issues, so FE will cost them a boat load less I guess.

As for WRX electric, that's laughable, but would you put it past IMG to allow it? They would do literally anything to appease manufacturers and the big teams and if allowing electric in is a way, and then you get a manufacturer Audi and perhaps a Japanese team interested, IMG will capitulate in an instant.

I have said before they only have their best interests at heart, not rallycross's, they are just using it at the moment and the sport is happily following in the coat tails.

Hybrid is fine, but not electric. Sadly, short races, huge power, you can see where it might be going, though it doesn't really do anything long term to prove the potential of electric vehicles, not in the same way endurance racing does.